I'm incredibly jet-lagged following my 12 day trip to the United States and don't have a clue where to start when telling people about it. So instead of talking about my holiday, I wanted to list a few things I want to do more in my life now that in back. Some might seem trivial, but they say the best things come in small packages!
1) Drink more water. I don't drink enough water, and tell myself habitually that tea and coffee are assimilated into the body as water so it totally counts. Time to stop that nonsense and actually pick up a bottle of water (or three) every day and start using our water filter. Adding fruit is a good way to spice it up!
2) Read more. I read 8 books during our 18-hour flights and thousands of miles in the car, and have really got the book bug. My kindle has barely left my hand since we landed back on British soil.
3) On that note, stop buying books I have no intention of reading just because they "look good" or make me look smart. Just read the books you love and love the books you read.
4) Work out. I always say this when I get back from holiday but this time I'm serious. Armed with my new neon Nike Free Runs and a Seattle Seahawks shirt I'm ready to hit the gym. 1-3 times a week should do it to start.
5) Restart a yoga class. I loved yoga, but the class I was taking wasn't for me. The instructor was a bit too hands-off and rarely went around correcting postures or offering tips, and that's what I need from a class to make sure I'm doing it right! My best friend and I have found one to start in Leeds, so next week it's on!
6) Deep breathing. This seems silly, but my anxiety, insomnia and depression are under control and I want to keep it that way. Taking five minutes to breathe deeply every few hours is hugely calming and good for the mind and soul!
7) Do more for charity. I give whenever I can, but I want to do and give more to te charities I feel passionately about. If I can afford a new pair of pastel orange River Island courts then I can afford to donate to a good cause.
8) Write more fiction. My goal is 1,000 words a week to kickstart me back into regular writing instead of sporadic manic episodes.
9) Lifestyle focus! No meat or fish, limited dairy, plenty of superfoods and it's time to invest in a smoothie maker. Limit beauty product consumption to ethical, vegan where possible, and don't buy excess amounts of crap that I will use once then ditch.
10) Me-time. Make time for regular pamper nights every week, and try not to be disturbed. Turn off all phones, laptops and TVs and relax with no distractions.