Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Lemon and Ginger Baked Cheesecake

I love to cook and bake, and recently I've had limited time to do either but on my day off last week I decided to finally bake that lemon and ginger cheesecake that has been in the back of my mind for weeks and made a trip to the shop for supplies.

I used a BBC Good Food recipe which I'm not linking to because, well, it wasn't very good. The quantities were all wrong and the method isn't one I would use again. I've made many baked cheesecakes in the past and will be using tried and trusted recipes next time!

For the base: ginger biscuits and digestive biscuits, mixed with melted butter and mashed to a pulp, then pressed into a greased circular cake tin with a loose bottom. For the cheesecake filling: cream cheese (I tend to use the cheaper stuff from the supermarket as it tastes fine and saves your ££ for more expensive ginger! Add mascarpone cheese then the juice of two lemons and the zest of three. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes on gas mark 4, and then garnish however you choose! I used a dusting of cinnamon and it worked so well!


No comments:

Post a Comment