Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

Flight Reading


A little light reading for my holiday to the States next month! Well, for the 18-hour plane journey to be exact. I'm a quick reader, so I'll probably wind up buying four more books over there to flick through on the return (or I'll just sleep after 10 days of constant excitement).

I love mixing my holiday reading between fun and serious, and Tolkien definitely provides the serious. I haven't read The Silmarillion or The Children of Hurin, and I'm having to sit on my hands not to pick them both up at once. No, Louise, wait for the airport.

Mini Shopaholic I've read before, but it was just to adorable and funny to pass up. (Although I hope my child won't ever turn out like Minnie...) And even though I've seen the films many, many times I'm ashamed to say I never got around to reading the Bridget Jones novels. And now that Mad About The Boy is out, I feel it's time to pop the BJ Novels cherry and enjoy. I've actually started this one, so chances are I'll be picking out something else at Manchester airport with a guilty face at how much I've spent on 'holiday prep' - I needed those clothes and that new bag, OK?!

What should I read on the way back?

No comments:

Post a Comment